The iMetal Fabrication module provides value-added processes with the ability to quickly and accurately quote and sell fabrication jobs. Most shapes or items that can be defined by an equation can be quoted effortlessly. In addition, the quote can automatically include multiple predefined charges for inside or outside processing, freight, etc.
- Create “fabrication” codes to determine shapes that can be defined by an equation, (e.g. circles, rings, ring segments, rectangles, cut-to-length items, etc.), and then use the ‘fab’ codes to quote/sell these items in the Order Entry and Quotation modules. Fab codes can also accommodate factors like kerf, test parts, etc.
- To request fabrication variables e.g. Circle Diameter, Ring Inside Diameter, Drilled Holes, Chamfers, etc Other values can then be calculated e.g. Processing time, Total cutting length, Scrap %, etc
- User-defined sales item descriptions can be generated, can also be used on Process Requests, calculate estimated processing times and add further costs/charges to the sales item
- Multiple Costs and Charges can be calculated and created for each fabrication code
- Create value-add “charge” codes (e.g. sawing, burning, freight, etc.) which can automatically or manually be factored into the selling cost and price of the fabricated parts. These charges can utilize user-defined tables which consider factors like thickness, diameter, linear inches, number of cuts, and so on. In addition, charge codes can have their own ledger accounts for financial reporting.
- Whenever a “fab” code is utilized, the forms (e.g. sales order, invoice, etc.) programs can print the fab code description, (e.g. 1″ HR Plate, 4″OD x 3″ID Ring Segment), and the quantity and weight of the fabricated parts.
- Save time, eliminate miscalculations and oversights, and improve customer service by swiftly and accurately quoting fabricated parts.
- Improve value-add profitability by automatically including all factors (e.g. material, inside and outside processing, freight, skid charges, etc.) that contribute to the actual cost of a fabricated item.
- Evaluate the profitability of your value-add activity by utilizing available report generating tools to create financial reports on each charge code.
- Significantly decrease inaccurate quotations due to manual miscalculations, and/or failure to consider all relevant internal and external costs on fabrication orders.
- Streamline the process required to create the quote and turn it into an order
- iMetal Fabrication is integrated with the Stock, Quotations, Order Entry, Purchasing, and General Ledger modules.
- Value-add activity created through the fabrication module can be analyzed with the standard iMetal reporting tools, and/or Jasper Reports.
Author Posted 12th December 2019
Brexit – Its Potential Impact on Systems & Companies In The Metal Distribution Chain
BREXIT – IT’S POTENTIAL IMPACT ON SYSTEMS AND COMPANIES IN THE METAL DISTRIBUTION CHAIN What Does It Mean To Me? With the confusion and inaction that has surrounded the decision…